On the web:
- Nijay Gupta excerpts Dietrich Bonhoeffer on Advent.
- Robert Woods reflects on Basil the Great, John Chrysostom, Bonaventure, and their relevance for liberal arts education.
- Jim Davila notes an announcement from the Israel Antiquities Authority about the recent discovery of a Second Temple era purity “voucher,” and John Byron picks up the same story from the Israel National News.
- Larry Hurtado discusses the dating of early Christian manuscripts.
- Tony Burke notes a couple recent 60 Minutes specials on Mount Athos and the Vatican Library.
- Jim Davila notes the availability of a new Talmud index. The index is currently available by subject in both Hebrew and English.
- Matthew Emadi discusses Augustine’s hermeneutic.
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any other person(s) or institution(s).
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the content above may be “affiliate links.” I only recommend products or services I genuinely believe will add value to you as a reader. But if you click one of these links and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. Consequently, I am disclosing this affiliate status in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”