Google recently announced that Chromebooks from Acer and Samsung would start retailing on June 15 at Amazon and BestBuy. The prospect of Google’s working to improve its existing apps (e.g., Docs) in order to increase the Chromebooks’ competition with existing Netbooks may also make Chromebooks indirectly beneficial even to those who choose not to purchase them (Alex Chitu).
- Here come the Chromebooks (zdnet.com)
- Google Chromebooks: Hardware specs, the business case, and first-look photos (hazima.wordpress.com)
- Google Launching Two Chromebooks on June 15 (blogher.com)
- Poll: Will You Buy a Chromebook? (thechromesource.com)
- Google Chromebook two years too late (greatfinds.icrossing.com)