Learning Greek can pay great dividends in the study of the New Testament. Here are a few resources that may prove helpful for students of New Testament Greek. Choose from paradigm audio files, grammar and morphology, songs, and websites.
Please note: Users accessing files on this page that are hosted at Box.com may have difficulty using the online “Play” feature. If you experience this issue, please choose “Download” instead and play the file from your computer.
Paradigm Audio Files1
- Verbs and Verbals
- Ω Conjugation
- ΜΙ Conjugation
- Ω Conjugation
- Alphabet (by Steve Yoell: audio)
- Doxology (by Steve Yoell: audio)
- Jesus Loves Me (by Steve Yoell: lyrics and score, audio)
- The Jesus Prayer (lyrics, audio)
- Step by Step (lyrics, audio)
- Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library – Reference Works
- Codex Sinaiticus Project
- Home of the Greek Word – Patrologia graeca (requires eMule)
- Greek Grammar by Herbert Smyth
- Institute of Biblical Greek
- The Linguist List
- Linguistic Tree Constructor
- New Testament Gateway
- The Perseus Project
- The Septuagint Online
- Teknia Language Tools
- SIL International
- StudyLight.org – Greek Lexicon
- Thesaurus Linguae Graeca
- University of British Columbia, Department of Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies
- University of Pennsylvania – Online Books Page
1These paradigms employ the Erasmian pronunciation system. Credit for teaching the cadence system employed to me goes to Floyd Parker, Professor of Bible at Faulkner University. For help learning Historical Greek Pronunciation, see Chrys Caragounis’s website.
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any other person(s) or institution(s).
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” I only recommend products or services I genuinely believe will add value to you as a reader. But, if you click one of these links and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. Consequently, I am disclosing this affiliate status in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”