Thanks to Anthony Le Donne for noting the availability of LibriVox recordings for D. F. Strauss’s Life of Jesus and Albert Schweitzer’s Quest of the Historical Jesus. LibriVox also has apps available for Android, iOS, and Kindle users, and the iOS version (at least) allows downloading and storage for offline listening.
On the web:
- Tokens makes available the final part of their interview with Walter Brueggemann.
- Theological Studies has back issues from 5 years ago and beyond freely available online (HT: Charles Jones).
- Michael Halcomb reflects on some of Albert Schweitzer’s comments on Christian scholars.
- Tommy Keene highlights BibleArc.
- Archive.org has Gordon Fee’s PhD thesis available online (HT: Larry Hurtado).
- Bavarian authorities are commissioning annotated editions of Mein Kampf in hopes of further defusing the work’s value for extremists’ use as it comes into the public domain.
- Joel Willitts reflects on some of Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s comments on “self forgiveness.”